The O R Tambo Airport tour is ideal for leaners who are interrested in Tourism. The O R Tambo Airport Tour consists of a guided tour by a registered tourist guide to give them insight into the Tourism Industry at the airport. The tourist guide will handle the following subjects at the airport
- Rules of coach/bus companies (embark and disembarking of passengers)
- Motor vehicle hiring example Avis and Budget
- International arrival hall and procedures
- Foreign exchange
- Simcards for International tourists
- Bathroom facilities
- Domestic arrival hall and procedures
- Shops and restaurants
- Domestic departure hall
- International departure hall
- Viewpoint of the airport runways
- Procedures for International visitors' VAT return
Learners will have free time to explore the airport and to enjoy a snack at one of the restaurants at their own cost before we return to school.
Visit to the SAA Museum includes a 2 hour guided tour and lecture on the history of South African Airplanes. The 747, specially build for South Africa can be viewed. The learners will also see the inside of the Libombo airplane which was used to fly over Ellispark during the 1995 rugby world cup.