STARS - ASTRONOMY - Educational Field Trip (Duration 17h00 to 20h00)
Kwalata is situated in the Dinokeng Reserve 30 min from Pretoria and 1 hour from O R Tambo Airport.
The qualified and trained in-house facilitators will introduce you to Astronomy: Exploration of celestial space, objects and the physical universe. You will discover constellations, stars and planets, share interesting facts while navigating your way through the milky way. This is a fun filled educational evening and a cup of hot chocolate or milo will make it worth your while.
17h00: Arrival at Kwalata Adventure Camp
- Some refreshments
- Introuduction to Astronomy - a bit of history, constellations in Southern Hemisphere, Planets and Stars and Stars and direction
- 18h30 - Hamburger and Chips
- Stargazing with IOS (Ipad and tablets), Exploring the milky way
- Enjoy a cup of hot-chocolate or milo under a starry sky
- 20h00 Depart back to school